Survey 123 Connect Language

03-25-2019 09:42 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have a copied survey that I am editing to create my own new version. In the connect design page i have a select multiple list with an "other" category that has a popup text box to type in if "other" is selected. When i try this for all of my other select multiple questions i cannot get the "other" text box to pop up when "other" is selected.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Austin,

Can you share your form's XLS file?

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello James,

In the survey tab, the select multiple and text lines in A7 and A8 create a checkbox list in the survey, the "other" box is checked and a text box pops us to fill in. I want to get that same "other" box with the pop up text box for Forbs, Shrubs, and Trees fields. I have got the "other" check box to show in the selection list but it only pops up a text box if the "other" box is selected in the "Native Grasses" list. I feel it is something to do with the placement of the YES/NO line in the "choices" tab?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your time,

Austin Wittrock

Kentucky Department of Fish and Wildlife Resources

Daniel Boone NF, Cumberland District

2375 Kentucky 801 S

Morehead KY 40351

(513)-405-6294 -Cell

(606)-780-0854 -Office

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Austin,

All of your 'other' questions are referring to the Native Grasses question (field_4).  You need to change the calculation to reflect the field it should check- for example, the one for Forbs should look at field_5.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Austin Wittrock

Kentucky Department of Fish and Wildlife Resources

Daniel Boone NF, Cumberland District

2375 Kentucky 801 S

Morehead KY 40351

(513)-405-6294 -Cell

(606)-780-0854 -Office

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

James Tedrick‌ How would be the best way to share that file on here so you can have access to it?

0 Kudos