Survey 123 - Auto Populate Repeats with existing points in Collector app

03-09-2020 12:47 PM
B-L
by
New Contributor III

Hi, 

I have not found any post relating to this, so I figured I would post a question about this topic. Is it possible to populate repeats from existing points in the collector app? For context, I have a a feature class that has poles with pole numbers. I am attempting to create a survey that allows users to create attachment requests for multiple poles under the same permit number. This is the CSV that I have created

I am trying to use the following URL to populate the pole number and pole location within the Repeat group.

arcgis-survey123://?itemID=<the survey id>&field:polenumber={wmElementName}&center={wmYCoordinate},{wmXCoordinate}

But it will not populate in the repeat.

In a perfect world, I would like for the individual to hop into the Collector app, select multiple poles, click the URL link, have that open up in Survey123 with a repeat for the number of poles that were selected (so if they selected 4 poles, 4 repeats would be created) and populate the repeats with the geometry of each pole and the pole numbers of each selected pole.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. 

Below is an example of what I would want to auto populate in Survey123 when the URL in Collector is clicked. 

Repeat 1...first pole location and pole number

Repeat 2...second pole location and pole number

...etc. 

Thanks!

Brackston 

0 Kudos
7 Replies
AdamBakiera
Occasional Contributor

Bumping to see if anyone has any ideas. Thanks!

0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

How can you select multiple features in Collector?

0 Kudos
NicholasDay
New Contributor III

I looked into passing data into repeats a while back and found that it was not supported at the time. I'm not sure if it has been resolved yet. Here is a snip and link to an article discussing it.

https://community.esri.com/groups/survey123/blog/2016/07/30/understanding-survey123s-custom-url-sche... 

NicholasDay
New Contributor III

Looks like my screen shot did not save.

hope this helps.

AdamBakiera
Occasional Contributor

This was very helpful! I ended up asking on that post and an ESRI employee confirmed this is not yet supported.

B-L
by
New Contributor III

Thank you Nicholas Day !!

0 Kudos
JyotiRohodia
New Contributor III

Hello, there is a workaround to this issue ( not so great but still... it might to useful). Create dummy fields in your main form (parent) and then call these field values in your Repeat section required fields ( under calculation column).

So now, you can set up your Custom URL scheme to feed these dummy fields which will eventually populate your repeat questions. 

0 Kudos