Survey 123 and survey grade GPS

02-21-2020 07:26 AM
RobertGeitner
New Contributor III

It has been brought to my attention that our surveying field staff who require high accuracy location capture would like to implement Survey123 in their workflows. I was wondering if you have any information I could provide my field surveyors regarding Survey123 pairing with survey grade GPS. I've read a few GeoNet conversations, and reviewed a lot of Trimble blogs, but I am not an experienced surveyor so I am not familiar with Trimble Access and Trimble Business Center so if you know of anyone who has worked with that software and weather it would be compatible with Survey123 any guidance would be greatly appreciated. 

0 Kudos
12 Replies
KeanMcDermott
New Contributor II

Hi Dan, thanks for your reply. It worked. I had followed those instructions initially, not sure why, but the subsequent reset seems to have re-set the bluetooth connection.

A follow up question, is there a way to pipe RTK corrected GPS information from the R2 to Survey123? I can't seem to find a place where one might be able to input that information. This might be a question for the ESRI folks.

Thanks again, Kean

DanColbert
New Contributor III

Hi Kean,

Yes, you'll need to use Trimble Mobile Manager (TMM) to configure and manage the RTK source.  You'll need to leave TMM running in the background in order to maintain connection to the RTK source.

Once that's configured, Survey123 will receive RTK corrections.

Regards,
Dan

0 Kudos
Rebecca_D
New Contributor

Hello, 

When trying to download the newest firmware to the R2 what is the best way to do that after it has been downloaded from TMM?

Thank you,

Rebecca

0 Kudos