Select to view content in your preferred language

Survey 123 (AGO) Calculations Dialog Not allowing me to finish configuring extraction from feature layer.

Jump to solution
07-12-2024 12:42 PM
JoeGuziStarkCountyOH
Frequent Contributor

Greetings,

I am modifying an existing survey in ArcGIS Online. I want to calculate a value for a question based on another layer. I am referencing this documentation: Web Designer Essentials - Calculations.  I select layer, browse to my layer, and when I click ok the dialog flickers, and disappears. It does not allow me to finish configuring the extraction. The Layer I am referencing is a Feature Service from a Standalone ArcGIS Server, added as an Item in AGO. I noticed that I do not have this issue when referencing an Item that is a Hosted Feature Layer. The documentation does not specify that this only works for Hosted Feature Layers, so I am hopeful that this is a bug? I am using the Web App version 3.2.0. Thank you in advance for any insight into this issue. Thank you for everything and have a delightful day.

Sincerely,

Joe Guzi

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JoeGuziStarkCountyOH
Frequent Contributor

Ok so here's the deal... I finally got around to looking into this problem again. I did a quick test on a ArcGIS Server feature service in ArcGIS Online with the credentials stored and it works fine. So that is the answer. You can calculate a value for a question based on another layer if the other layer is a a ArcGIS Server feature service in ArcGIS Online if and only if the credentials are stored. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ZacharySutherby
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello @JoeGuziStarkCountyOH

When you added your ArcGIS Server feature service in ArcGIS Online did you store credentials / were you prompt to store credentials? 

Thank you,
Zach
0 Kudos
JoeGuziStarkCountyOH
Frequent Contributor

Greetings @ZacharySutherby ,

When I added the ArcGIS Server feature service in ArcGIS Online, I did not store credential/nor was I prompted to store credentials because the ArcGIS Server feature service in question is a public service, and does not require authentication to access it. Thank you for everything and have a delightful day.

Sincerely,

Joe Guzi

0 Kudos
JoeGuziStarkCountyOH
Frequent Contributor

Ok so here's the deal... I finally got around to looking into this problem again. I did a quick test on a ArcGIS Server feature service in ArcGIS Online with the credentials stored and it works fine. So that is the answer. You can calculate a value for a question based on another layer if the other layer is a a ArcGIS Server feature service in ArcGIS Online if and only if the credentials are stored. 

0 Kudos