Submitting Survey123 in the field getting stuck on getting service information

09-11-2019 07:19 AM
DebsGray
New Contributor III

A team member who is currently deployed to The Bahamas for Hurricane Dorian is trying to submit surveys through an iPhone and an Andriod tablet and both devices keep getting stuck on 'getting service information' when they try to submit surveys.

They are creating new features, not editing existing ones. I was able to submit surveys on my iPhone with no problem, up until 2 days ago when I started to get the same issue. I created the survey through Survey123 Connect, the survey has repeat questions, but I haven't made any changes to the survey. 

I was trying to use Wifi or 4G connection, both failed and the team member in the field is using 4G connection on their iPhone and a mobile hotspot on the tablet.

I hope this makes sense and hopefully it can be solved quickly. Thank you!

0 Kudos
5 Replies
DebsGray
New Contributor III

Spoke to support and we fixed the issue by deleting the survey and downloading it again in Survey123.

0 Kudos
BLove
by
New Contributor II

Did they happen to give any root cause detail? We experience this frequently, seeminly moreso in the heat, but there are also theories of connectivity issues causing this both on form submission, and also form launch via URl scheme. .

0 Kudos
DebsGray
New Contributor III

No unfortunately I didn’t get an root cause. Haven’t come across the heat issue before, but would fit in my situation too.

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Debs, Brian Love‌,

If you do see this occur, if possible restart the application and try to capture a log file to provide Esri Support.  Changing network conditions may cause this type of issue; if you change from cellular to a wifi device, I might suggest restarting the application if you encounter this as network traffic needs to essentially restart.

0 Kudos
DebsGray
New Contributor III

Working with support, I think there's a solution for what went wrong with me. My organization's surveys are just shared with the organization and not made public. Whenever we are out in the field, we have a lack of connectivity and the app constantly signs you out when you go in and out of connectivity. Therefore, when the team tries to submit a survey, they can't because they aren't signed in. However, Survey123 doesn't say that's the reason and provides the error 'getting service information' instead.

Not sure if this is the same as your situation Brian Love‌, but hopefully it can help.

0 Kudos