Select to view content in your preferred language

Submission and Review surveys

Jump to solution
09-29-2023 09:43 AM
Bryan_Wade
Frequent Contributor

I am currently using two surveys tied to the same feature service. Field users submit the first survey and the second reviews and updates information from the first survey. The work just fine. I recently implemented a new workflow linking to a CSV to create an incident number in the first survey. I would like the second survey only to show the submission chosen in the first. My question is two parts:

1) Do I need to link the CSV to the survey used to review the first?

2) Do I need to have a select one from the file question in the second survey, or can it be a read-only text field?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ZacharySutherby
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello @Bryan_Wade,

You can set the question to be a read-only text question in the second survey, with that you also won't need to link the CSV to the second survey. 

Thank you,
Zach

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ZacharySutherby
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello @Bryan_Wade,

You can set the question to be a read-only text question in the second survey, with that you also won't need to link the CSV to the second survey. 

Thank you,
Zach
0 Kudos
abureaux
MVP Frequent Contributor

@ZacharySutherbyis correct. I thought I would just show this though since this seems very counter intuitive (at least to me).

Survey #1 has a list (select_one in this case):

abureaux_0-1696262129311.png

Survey #2 is linked to the same Feature Service as Survey #1, and also has the inbox enabled allowing the user to see all submissions from Survey #1.

Within Survey #2, I turned the select_one into a text field, and then made it ready only. When viewing the submissions from Survey #1, this is the result:

abureaux_1-1696262225892.png

Form #1

abureaux_2-1696262351942.png

abureaux_4-1696262388163.png

Form #2

abureaux_3-1696262367926.png

abureaux_5-1696262396900.png

0 Kudos