Strange behavior with photo uploads in existing survey

Jump to solution
02-23-2022 01:21 PM
TylerBragg2
Occasional Contributor II

We started experiencing some issues today with uploading photos to a survey that has existed for about 6 months and has performed perfectly until now.  This is an internal survey (to our org) that is populated using the Survey123 web form, not the mobile app, and is accessed via a link provided in a custom pop-up from the Field Maps mobile app.  I should also state that I use custom URL parameters to open the survey in edit mode so that the survey is updating an existing feature in the feature layer rather than creating a new one.

The problem we are experiencing is that photos will simply not attach to the survey.  The photo upload option is available and, when selected, brings you to the screen to choose between the photo gallery on the phone or to use the camera to take a new picture.  You can select either option, but it just does not upload the photo.  Usually, a thumbnail of the photo is displayed on the survey showing that you uploaded a photo, but this is not happening now (it still has the "select and image file" button).  

Since this survey is designed to be filled out using the web form, I also tried uploading photos to a survey from my desktop, but it still does not work.  Same behavior.  I also tried switching the default internet app on the phone from Chrome to Samsung Internet and it made no difference.  

This survey was published with Survey123 Connect version 3.12, and then re-published with version 3.13 with no change.  

Has there been an update to the Survey123 web form recently that would cause or contribute to this behavior?  

I have many other surveys published that allow photo uploads, and the ones I've checked seem to be working fine.  We seem to be having the problem with just this one for some reason, and as I stated, it has worked perfectly until the issue was brought to my attention today.  

Any advice or ideas?  I'm happy to provide further information if needed.  

Tyler

11 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @TylerBragg2,

An update has just been applied to the 3.14 web app, can you please test with your survey, you will need to republish with latest Connect or web designer, to ensure 3.14 version is being used, and see if the above issue is now resolved.

Regards,

Phil.

0 Kudos
TylerBragg2
Occasional Contributor II

@Anonymous User Thanks for looking into this.  I'll update to 3.14 as soon as I can to test this out.  Thanks for all the response.  

Tyler

0 Kudos