Some Edits Made To Feature Service Via Form Not Persisting

05-03-2022 08:00 AM
MikeLachance1
New Contributor III

Hello GeoNet,

I am having a problem where edits to a specific field in a survey are not always being applied to the feature service behind it. An edit is made via the form, the submit button is clicked, and when the record is loaded into the form again, the value of the field remains unchanged.

Here is some context:

I have setup a survey that users are using to input and edit data via the web form. I have embedded this survey into a dashboard where the users can select a record from a dashboard list and the record’s attributes are loaded into the embedded content pane. Here they can edit the record’s data. There are no nested repeats in this survey however there are two repeats and therefore the feature service behind the survey has two related tables.

Edits to the Response Status field of the related table (repeat), Notices, are not always being maintained. For example, a user is trying to change the value of the Response Status field from “Response Needed” to ‘Done”. They select “Done” and click Submit on the form, but when they reload the record into the form, the Response Status field still displays “Response Needed” both in the form and in the data table of the feature service.

The strangest part is that this is only happening on some records in our feature service. There are records where an edit to the Response Status field is made and maintained. I have not had users report this issue with any other field other than the Response Needed field.

Any thoughts on this mystery? I am happy to answer more questions to help drill down on this.

Cheers

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ZacharySutherby
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello @MikeLachance1

It may be best to reach out to Esri Technical Support to assist with this issue, but I would suggest capturing the network traffic when submitting the survey. Survey123 sends an applyEdits request when submitting surveys so I would be curious if the updated value is not being passed along in the request, or if there is some error returned from the request that Survey123 isn't picking up on. Please use this link for reference regarding capturing web traffic in web browsers. 

Thank you,
Zach
0 Kudos
MikeLachance1
New Contributor III

Hi Zach,

Thanks for the feedback. I will capture the web traffic on the next obstinate record we encounter. Should I share the result of that here in this thread or include it was part of my message to Esri Technical Support? Both?

Cheers

0 Kudos