Select to view content in your preferred language

Slow Loading Time Issue with Survey123 Web Portal Data Tab

03-04-2024 12:26 PM
chrisvdw
New Contributor II

We've been using a custom Excel-based Survey123 survey for several years now, which is designed to capture field entries, GPS points, and photos. This survey also incorporates three main repeat features.

The survey itself has operated smoothly over the years, but in the last few months we have experience a significant slowdown when accessing it through the survey123.arcgis.com web portal. Specifically, there's a notable delay in loading the Data tab, over an hour delay whereas previously it would load within a minute. 

There as been no changes to the survey and we have attempted to internally troubleshoot it, but haven't been able to identify the root cause of the issue. I am reaching out for guidance on how to address and resolve this problem effectively.

Any insights or suggestions to expedite the loading time of the Data tab would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
abureaux
MVP Regular Contributor

If you went from a few minute load time to over an hour load time overnight, then I'd call Esri support.

Generally speaking, that tab is affected by 1) Internet speed, 2) survey complexity (i.e., number of related tables), and 3) Total number of items in the Feature Layer.

Beyond that, the tab is affected by Esri's updates to the S123 Website. If they are updating things behind the scenes that is causing this, then there isn't much you can do aside from contacting them (if there is a bug though, they fix it pretty fast once it's identified).