Single-Choice Grid with Thumbnail for each Question

05-19-2020 06:20 PM
NathanHeickLACSD
Occasional Contributor III

I am trying to make a single-choice grid per the web designer but I want to add a small thumbnail next to the questions.  I saw the Media sample, but those images are on the choices of a single question.

I am trying to ask the question how often do you use a given web app tool: daily, weekly, monthly, yearly, or never.  The choices are the same for each question and there are lots of tools so I want the compactness of a single-choice grid.  However, I want to add the tool icon because not everyone will understand the names.  Is this possible?  I was able to write a single question and add the image to the question, but it displayed above the question in the middle of the page.  I would prefer it were styled similar to the bird question in the Media sample.

Thanks,

Nathan

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Shwu-jingJeng
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Nathan,

What you would like to achieve is to use table-list appearance with image in Connect, but currently it's not fully supported yert.

I encourage you to contact Esri Support. Our Support team will assign an official enhancement number for your records. Similar requests from other customers can then be attached to the same enhancement request, which helps us assess demand for the enhancement and prioritize it accordingly.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
NathanHeickLACSD

Thanks Shwu-jing.

I created a case for this.  The workaround we found was to use HTML and reference an image on a web server.  I really would prefer to keep everything together in the survey folder and put it in source control.

0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Not sure in the web but in Connect you add them to the image column on the choice tab.

0 Kudos
NathanHeickLACSD

Hi Doug,

I'm looking to use images in single-choice grid for the question labels.  The option to add images on the choice tab isn't what I need.  Thanks, though.

0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I have only seen it work on autocomplete so thought I would post it.

0 Kudos