Sign In and Overall Sightings

05-11-2016 04:37 PM
DustinBaumbach
New Contributor II

Hi Community!

It was recently recommended to me that I use Survey 1 2 3 to handle the type of surveys I want to distribute to people. However, I am wanting to distribute this form to the wider population that may not be using ArcGIS, thus I would need to get rid of the Sign In page at the beginning of the app. What would be the best way of doing this? I would need to somehow load this app into app studio and modify the code correct? If so, how would you recommend going about uploading my survey 1 2 3 app into AppStudio and where is the code that needs to be modified?

Also, In my current app I have created in AppStudio it is able to show all the current logs at the end of the app by adding some code from the Attribute Display sample app. Is there a way to do this same thing in Survey 1 2 3? Because of its unique interface I would love to continue with Survey 1 2 3, but it may be a deal breaker to not be able to show all the current logs at the end of the application. Please let me know.

Thank you,

Dustin

Sathya Prasad

0 Kudos
3 Replies
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Dustin! At the moment, Survey123 for ArcGIS always requires a logged-in user. Well, at least this is the case with the out of the box app you can download from the app stores.  We are thinking about supporting crowd-sourcing scenarios with Survey123 later in the year.  If you really need this to happen sooner, and you are brave, you can download the source code of Survey123 for ArcGIS and make it your own (removing the login requirement). The source code of Survey123 is available under the Apache 2.0 license with AppStudio for ArcGIS.

DustinBaumbach
New Contributor II

Ismael Chivite​ Thank you. I was wondering how it would be possible to make the survey 123 form in AppStudio? Is that only available by programming the form in the source code of AppStudio?

Thank you,

Dustin​

0 Kudos
JeffPuuri
New Contributor II

I don't know all of your form requirements, and also whether or not you have explored this option yet, but have you looked at using GeoForms for crowd-sourcing data collection:

https://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=931653256fd24301a84fc77955914a82

A companion app analyzing results is Summary Viewer:

http://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=2e8512893d4b463fb9ee81ec17d7af07

Good luck with your investigation

Jeff Puuri

0 Kudos