Shared Survey Management Ideas

01-09-2018 11:17 AM
MaryEllen_Perko
Occasional Contributor II

Hi.  We have groups of staff with shared responsibility for creating and managing Survey123 solutions.  These staff need to be able to edit each other's surveys and clone existing surveys.  I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on how we might implement that capability without using a shared AGOL account which is frowned upon around here.  I was hoping a group configured to allow all members update access to shared content would work, but that configuration doesn't appear to open anything up through Survey123.arcgis.com.

Thanks for the help.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Mary,

It is not possible to share the design editing permissions of a survey on the survey123 website. Currently only the survey owner can edit the design of the survey and then re-publish the survey.

I have created an enhancement request in the backlog to capture your comments.

Regards,

Phil.

ErinMara
New Contributor II

Has there been any updates on this?  I find myself in the same predicament.  My coworkers need to be able to view and sometimes tweak surveys I design based on their needs.  Thank you!

Erin

0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Yea we have issues every time someone goes on vacation.  A lot of the issue is AGOL and the way it does owners so not much 123 can do about it.  They did say that new updates to AGOL coming later this year may make it possible.

How are you sharing the Excel sheets around?  I have asked them to consider adding support for me to pick a network location instead of the current My Survey Designs location (that is not backed up by IT).

0 Kudos
ErinMara
New Contributor II

My coworkers aren't GIS or IT professionals, so they aren't comfortable using Survey123 Connect; I haven't tried it.  We also don't use AGOL, we have our own Enterprise deployment so changes to AGOL won't help much 😕

0 Kudos