Setting Up External User Connection with Integromat

01-17-2020 06:41 AM
CN
by
New Contributor III

Is it possible to setup an external user integromat survey123 module connection? 

Let me clarify with a scenario.  We have organization A and organization B.  Organization A member prepares survey123 form and feature class and publishes to ArcGIS Online.  Organization A member shares survey123 form and feature class with group "Test Integromat".  Organization A member invites external admin user E_Admin to group "Test Integromat".  In integromat, external user E_Admin uses his/her credentials in survey123 module to initiate workflow for the survey that Organization A member prepared and shared.  

Is this possible to do?  With a quick test it didn't appear external user E_admin could access the survey created by Organization A member within the survey123 module in integromat.  

We will have numerous connections to maintain (hopefully resolving the automated refresh token issue alleviate some pain) so it would be nice if one external user could be used for all the needed integromat survey123 module connections but at first glance this doesn't appear to be possible right now but i might be missing privileges, settings, etc

Any feedback is appreciated.

Thanks,

Chad

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

HI,

To confirm, is E_admin user able to view the form in https://survey123.arcgis.com (i.e., the stakeholder view has been shared)? 

0 Kudos
CN
by
New Contributor III

Yes, E_admin can view and edit the form....but i don't think E_admin (because he/she is from Org B) can provide his/her credentials in Integromat survey123 module for a form that was created in Org A and shared externally.

One of the obstacles is some organizations don't want to provide an ArcGIS Online organizational user for us(want us to join a group as an external user) but they want us to setup the forms, web map, integromat workflow, etc.  So we were thinking they could temporarily create a creator account for us (we could do or form, webmap, arcade expression, etc, etc setup) and then assign someone internally as the owner and they could invite us (external user) to their account and we could maintain the integromat survey123 connection with our credentials but doesn't appear to work (didn't think so from the get go but i wanted to try).  Can't go the other way either were we create the data and share with their external users either because that would be a violation of our Esri Agreement (can't provide services to other organizations)...

I guess bottom line James, just looking for your expert opinion on the best way to handle the creation of ArcGIS Online content for numerous clients/AGO org accounts and the maintenance of hundreds of integromat workflows that initiate with the survey123 module.  

I'm thinking at this point that a requirement for us is just that the client has to provide us with a creator/user for their AGO org account.  

Thanks,

Chad

0 Kudos