Sending Surveys in Outbox getting stuck on "Getting Service Information"

07-23-2019 09:54 AM
TNGStewardship
New Contributor III

Hi,

I have recently encountered an issue with one of my surveys, which was working fine previously, in which upon hitting "Send" in the outbox on an iOS device the process hangs on "Getting Service Information".

I have seen previous forums in which the response was that the issue was a "known bug" and "would be fixed in the next update". These posts are fairly old and thus I believe my problem may come from a different source or potentially a new bug?

I have attached the spreadsheet for the Survey for reference.

Has anyone experienced this recently and is there a possible solution without losing all the critical data that has already been gathered?

Thanks,

Emily

0 Kudos
4 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Emily,

Is it only on the one iOS device that you have this problem with, or all devices that have downloaded this survey?

Did you make any changes to the survey and re-publish, or any changes to the feature service and sharing permissions or groups, after the user had already downloaded the survey and started collecting surveys on that device?

Based on the "Getting Service Information" error, this means the app can not find that service or it no longer exists in your org, or the survey was re-published and the itemID changed due to a schema change. In this case you need to re-download the survey on the device with new changes provided it is compatible to the data already collected.

If the device has unsent surveys or drafts saved on it that can not be sent, you can follow these steps to recover the database from the device: https://doc.arcgis.com/en/survey123/desktop/get-answers/troubleshootgetanswers.htm#ESRI_SECTION1_A97...

Regards,

Phil.

0 Kudos
TNGStewardship
New Contributor III

Hi Phil,

It's on all devices that the survey hangs and yes, I made changes to the Survey and re-published before they started collecting surveys. I had already updated the Survey on the devices before they started collecting as well.

I encountered a variant of this problem in which the survey was hanging when I tried to republish it and the solution was to create a whole new survey. I'd rather not have to do this as the users are located in remotely and it's a struggle enough just to get them to press the "upload" button let alone download a whole new survey/bring in their devices so I can recover the stuck surveys.

Emily

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Emily,

It sounds as if the survey is not pointing to the correct feature service or the ItemID has changed. Or the survey is not shared properly, or it is missing the correct capabilities.

When you re-published the survey what did you change, did you make schema changes? Did it create a new feature service (over-write the old one)?

It may be best to work with Esri Support on this one, as we need to gather a lot more information and udnerstand what changes you made, and how the survey is currently shared and the settings of the feature service.

Phil.

0 Kudos
TNGStewardship
New Contributor III

I'll chat with ESRI support!

Thanks for your help!