Send notifications when survey is submitted.

04-14-2016 08:51 AM
ChristopherNichols1
New Contributor II

I thought I remember reading that Survey123 could send SMS messages. I am trying to send an email or SMS notifications to managers after surveys have been submitted by field crews. Is this possible with Survey123? Or could I edit the Survey123 Template in AppStudio to accomplish this?

Chris

5 Replies
GaryBowles1
Occasional Contributor III

We are using geoevent to monitor the feature service and when there is new record added, it sends out a notification email.

--gary

ChristopherNichols1
New Contributor II

Thanks for the quick response Gary. I hadn't even heard of the Geoevent extension until you mentioned it. I am looking into its capabilities now and will surely mark this as answered when I finish researching it and confirm.

Are you also using it to update a PODS db?

Thanks Again!

0 Kudos
PaulDavidson1
Occasional Contributor III

Gary, that's a great idea for using the Geo Event Processor!  Also triggers a lot of other ideas regarding data changes.

0 Kudos
ecrdaecrda
New Contributor II

Is there any other way except using GeoEvent,  am looking for a way in Survey123 when a field worker submit a survey as an admin I will automatically get the email notification , Is it possible to do so?

0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I have it send a PDF copy via email each night using a script and data driven pages.  Full code is here.  Triggers in Collector/ArcGIS Online?