Send Error when Submitting a Survey Published to Portal

04-19-2018 06:07 PM
GraceBeaujean
New Contributor III

I'm still fairly new when it comes to publishing surveys to Portal on our Enterprise server, but have successfully published one or two very simple surveys that can be accessed publicly through online. In this process I made the feature class first, published it to our server and then created a New Survey from a Feature Class in Connect. I did not add any choices, or select statements and left the format as it was from the simple feature service. This published well and as long as it is public, there has been no problem with people submitting surveys outside our organization. 

I currently built a new survey, in the same manner - first setting up the feature class and publishing that to the server - but when I went to make a survey in Connect, I changed text fields to select_ones and have included at least 6 different choice fields. Publishing it onto our Portal was not a problem. This survey operated well in all environments once it was published (online, Connect and the Survey 123 desktop application). The problem is that no one can submit any data. When attempting to submit online the error message simply reads, "Failed to Submit" and when I connect to Portal on the Survey 123 app, I get an Error Code 500, Unable to complete operation (see image). The feature service is public and available to everyone, and the survey is set that everyone will be able to submit. 

What am I missing that would not allow people (from within or outside of the organization) submit their entries? I imagine if there was incompatibility between the feature class and the survey design, I'd get an error at publishing, but I don't. Please let me know if there is anything else I can provide to help. Thanks as always!!

0 Kudos
11 Replies
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Grace

I will try to replicate. Can you:

1) Confirm what version of portal you are using and if the feature service is federated with the portal

2) Share the survey xls

3) Share the data (featureclass)

Thanks

John

0 Kudos
GraceBeaujean
New Contributor III

Hi John, 

We have Portal 10.5 and the feature service is federated. 

The xlsx is attached. 

Also, here is the link to the rest service for the feature service. The data that has been entered has been done manually through an edit session in Desktop; not through a survey entry. 

Layer: DCRA Administrative Travel Log (ID: 0) 

Please let me know if there is anything else I can provide! 

Thank you!!

-Grace

0 Kudos
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Thanks Grace - I can't publish against that service. Can you share the feature class schema?

0 Kudos
GraceBeaujean
New Contributor III

Is this what you're looking for? I'm not certain I know how to attach a feature...

0 Kudos
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Thanks Grace - can you share it as a file geodatabase? Thanks

0 Kudos
GraceBeaujean
New Contributor III

See attached. Thanks!!

0 Kudos
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Grace

I published your data to portal 10.5 as a federated service and then used your survey with it. However I could not replicate the issue. Can you provide me with some logs from the field app when you submit a survey and get the error. Details of how to do this are here: Troubleshoot—Survey123 for ArcGIS | ArcGIS 

Thanks

John

0 Kudos
JenniferCarter1
New Contributor II

I have a send error, the scientist can send his file when he is logged in. I have him as a publisher, I can sign in with my account (Admin) and I can send the file. I am not sure what settings are not checked for him to send?Send Error

Thanks,

Jennifer

0 Kudos
JenniferCarter1
New Contributor II

That should have stated my scientist can't send his survey.

0 Kudos