Send email with attachment of submitted survey via Microsoft Power Automate

Jump to solution
02-22-2021 10:57 AM
RichOchs
New Contributor III

I'm using my Survey123 account linked to Microsoft Power Automate (free GCC version) to send personalized automatic email replies to survey submitters. I have the webhook and flow working, and the emails are going out with specific info from the survey embedded in the body of the email. What I would like to do as I have seen Google Forms and other services offer, is give the submitter, via email, a copy of their submitted survey attached to the email. Ideally I'd like for this to be a PDF or other document they can easily open without needing an ArcGIS account. Any ideas how to do this?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi What about sending users a link of their own survey?

What this takes is to build a link with some custom URL parameters. For an overview of URL parameters in the Survey123 web app, check this: https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-survey123-blog/survey123-tricks-of-the-trade-web-form-url-param...

Specifically, there is a section called Edit existing records and opening surveys in view-only mode (mode) that I think should help.

You can get the globalid of the submitted survey from the dynamic content in Power Automate to generate such a link.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
JasonSimpson
New Contributor III

I am in the final steps of my email flow via Power Automate. It was a long road because I had to learn a little about that capabilities of Power Automate. Apparently sending attachments are not straight forward in flow, but the good guys at ESRI have created a tutorial on how to send attachments. The good, this tutorial is straight forward. The bad, you would need Power Automate Premium to complete this task. I have researched work arounds for this, but at the end of the day, I submitted a request for Premium to be added to my account.  Tutorial link is below. 

Tutorial 

RichOchs
New Contributor III
That sort of helps, but I'm looking for a way to essentially grab the form that submitter completed then email them a PDF or other copy of it once they submit for their records. I know I can put every single form field as dynamic content into the email body and have that sent back to them, but it seems like there should be an easier way that I'm missing here.
0 Kudos
JasonSimpson
New Contributor III

Oh ok. I see. I would look into the convert HTML to pdf feature in power automate. I have not used it, but I know the option exists. Sorry I couldn't be of more assistance. 

IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi What about sending users a link of their own survey?

What this takes is to build a link with some custom URL parameters. For an overview of URL parameters in the Survey123 web app, check this: https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-survey123-blog/survey123-tricks-of-the-trade-web-form-url-param...

Specifically, there is a section called Edit existing records and opening surveys in view-only mode (mode) that I think should help.

You can get the globalid of the submitted survey from the dynamic content in Power Automate to generate such a link.

RichOchs
New Contributor III

Thanks Ismael! This is a good workaround. I just gave it a shot and it works. Submitters can then print the survey from their browser if they wish. I do wish there was a more automated way to include a PDF type copy of their survey to them, however.

0 Kudos