Send data results in 'string or binary data woul dbe truncated'

12-14-2018 09:49 AM
Dudley_R_Hartel
New Contributor III

string or binary data would be truncated error

I've looked at GeoNet on this issue. I have verified that the published FGDB attributes are the same type and length as the bind::Esri columns in the *.xlsx. I'm running the form thru app v3.1.158 Survey123 Connect v3.1.26

Is there a way to track exactly WHICH attribute is creating this error?

This form was "built" by modifying the setting form_id and submission_URL from the latest hosted feature layer publication and a Survey123 form that previously worked (with old FGDB);  I inserted the new FGDB attribute types and lengths and then saved the xlsx; then republished the form

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

This typically occurs when one of the answers to a question has too many characters entered when comparing it to what the question can accept.

For instance you have a question that is set to accept 10 characters and you attempt to place the word "Information" into this question. The form will then produce an error such as the one you are experiencing and I believe this will also happen if you have a select_one or select_multiple question that contains a string of answer(s) that contains too many character also.

0 Kudos
Dudley_R_Hartel
New Contributor III

thank-you - I'll look for that type of error

0 Kudos