Select One from file I only want to show one of duplicate names

05-12-2022 08:41 AM
KatherineO_Brien
New Contributor II

I am building a survey in ArcGIS Survey 123 Connect.  I have placed a csv in the media folder to use.  The file contains a list of buildings, rooms in the buildings, and other attributes.  

The survey question is: select_one_from_file GPC.csv  where the user will choose a building name that will then be used to inspect the rooms within the building.    The choices of the building names do appear however for this question I do not want multiples of the same name to appear.  I would like to use just one csv file.

The next question will have the user select one of the rooms to inspect.

Is it possible to have filter the data that only one name for each building appears for the select_one_from_file <file name>.csv?  If so, is this done in calculate, relevant,  choice filter...

0 Kudos
4 Replies
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Have you tried this on the settings page yet?

DougBrowning_0-1652371336827.png

0 Kudos
KatherineO_Brien
New Contributor II

I don't see allow_choice_duplicates on the setting page.

0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

You probably have an old template then.  You can just add it and it should work.  You can start a brand new form then copy paste the column over is easy.

Eventually you may want to update but it takes some work.  May want to make sure your Connect is up to date also.

0 Kudos
KatherineO_Brien
New Contributor II

I updated on Monday to 3.14.274, started a new survey using the advance template which was modified March 23, 2022.

0 Kudos