Select_one as first question, choice filters not showing

10-01-2021 02:00 PM
EricAndersen1
New Contributor II

I have a survey with a Select_one question as the first question (choose province), which triggers choice lists for further questions.

An odd thing is happening, now users have to select one, then select the other, in order for choice filters to be applied.  If they only select once, some filters do not work.

This only happens with the mobile app, Survey123 Connect shows the lists and filtering fine.

Survey is published from Survey123 Connect version 3.12.232, and the mobile version is 3.13.229 running on iOS 14.7.1

The XLS form is attached.  Any ideas appreciated!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
BarbaraWebster1
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Eric,

Which choice fields aren't working correctly? When a question isn't working correctly is it not showing any choice options?

Also, are you seeing this behavior when editing in the inbox or is it happening when you create a new survey? 

-Barbara

0 Kudos
EricAndersen1
New Contributor II

Hi Barbara,

None of the choice fields work until I select Alberta first, then BC.  The behaviour shows up when creating a new survey.

Species - I cannot interact with that question at all

Form - shows no choices

Condition - also no choices

Supervisor - drop down works, but shows no names.

And so on.

Thanks for responding.

Eric

0 Kudos
BarbaraWebster1
Esri Regular Contributor

Thanks for the extra info. So far I haven't been able to reproduce what you're seeing. I published the XLSForm you provided in Connect 3.12.232 and tried it out in the field app 3.13.229 on iOS 13.1.1 (I don't have a device with iOS 14.7.1 unfortunately), but the choice filters appear to be working correctly.

There was a choice filter bug fix (relating to cascading selects not clearing the previous value when changed) that will be included in the next release, which is scheduled for mid-October 2021. You could install the beta version of Connect and the field app from the Early Adopter Community and publish a test version of your survey to see if you still run into the same problems.

If that doesn't narrow things down, I'd be happy to get on a call/screen share and take a look at your form. Feel free to email me at bwebster@esri.com.

Thanks,
-Barbara

0 Kudos