Select multiple question based on selection of choices in previous question

09-23-2020 04:07 AM
SwathiIyengar
New Contributor II

Hi folks, 

Per my attached form (row 49), I'm trying to create a select multiple question which provides a choice list based on a subset of previously selected choices. This is normally possible in other xlsform-based systems, but I can't seem to make this feature work in Survey123. Could you please advise? Is this feature available? Is there a syntax error that I've missed?

The idea of this form is to ask the respondent what types of devices they are using and then to select their three most important devices for further questions. Given the number of items we need respondents to choose from in the preceding question, it is important that we are able to provide a subset of choices to facilitate ranking.

The current form loads without error, but the final question (using the choice filter) does not load.

Thanks in advance!

choice_filter‌

feature queries‌

0 Kudos
2 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Swathi,

This is not currently supported in the 3.10 release of Survey123, however it is coming in the 3.11 release. It is not possible to create cascading selects on select multiple questions in 3.10. If you want to test out this new feature in 3.11 beta, please head over to the Early Adopter Community where you can access the beta builds and documentation.

Regards,

Phil.

SwathiIyengar
New Contributor II

Thanks, Phil - the code worked as expected in the 3.11 beta!