Select to view content in your preferred language

search( ) with Enterprise

Jump to solution
07-06-2023 10:17 AM
abureaux
MVP Frequent Contributor

Is search( ) compatable with Enterprise? This feature would be immensly helpful, but it seems to be limited to AGO right now.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
abureaux
MVP Frequent Contributor

The issue appears to be a software limitation I wasn't aware of. The layer I was referening wasn't Hosted. While that works for pulldata("@layer") and WHERE queries, it isn't compatable with the search() appearance.

The solution in our case was to create a new Hosted layer. All features work properly there.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
DavidMcCorkindale1
Regular Contributor

Hi,

Yes search appears compatible with enterprise and we're working on a survey now that this works in.  I haven't however tried a secure feature service from portal as the one's we're working with a shared publicly.

0 Kudos
ChristopherCounsell
MVP Regular Contributor

Yes it is compatible. You need to share the target item (csv or url) with the user. If it's public and accessible (not firewalled), you are fine. If it's not publicly shared, the user will need access through a group or the organization.

They authenticate access by auto generating a token by signed in user.

0 Kudos
abureaux
MVP Frequent Contributor

The layer in question appears to be non-Hosted (managed via SQL server). Sharing permissions appear to be correct as I have a Hosted test layer that is working with the same permissions. The layer in question is also quite large, with around a million values. I'm going to try and remove a few variables in the hopes of getting this one to work.

0 Kudos
abureaux
MVP Frequent Contributor

The issue appears to be a software limitation I wasn't aware of. The layer I was referening wasn't Hosted. While that works for pulldata("@layer") and WHERE queries, it isn't compatable with the search() appearance.

The solution in our case was to create a new Hosted layer. All features work properly there.