Select to view content in your preferred language

Search box in Survey123 map question reverses input latitude and longitude coordinates

07-24-2024 05:39 PM
Scott_Harding
New Contributor II

I'm getting odd behavior when I enter a latitude, longitude in the search box of the map question in a survey that collects point location data.

For example, when I enter 34.904, -84.632 into the search box (in Georgia USA), the map returns the location for -84.632, 34.904 (in Antartica).

I can replicate this in Chrome and Safari on Mac and it occurs on different surveys. Seems like a bug.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Screenshot: Note that the coordinates input in the map search box on upper left are reversed in the lat/long location result displayed just below the map.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
ToddW_stl
Esri Contributor

I was able to reproduce this only once by typing a known coordinate into the search bar of a Survey123 geopoint map, which took me to my expected location.  I then noticed you have a space, so I added a space and it took me somewhere else in the world (no screenshot since I thought I found the issue).  After then removing the space and going back to the original expected location, I'm unable to reproduce.  Also unable to reproduce after refreshing my survey in the web form, and trying incognito mode.

0 Kudos