Select to view content in your preferred language

Search Appearance to enable display of question on one survey based on response from another

Jump to solution
2 weeks ago
dwold
by
Occasional Contributor III

I have two surveys, one for an admin and the other for a user to fill out using answers from the admin survey. One feature I am trying to accomplish is only showing a text question on the user survey if Yes is selected from a question on the Admin survey. 

Admin form:

dwold_2-1719329033110.png

End User Form (only show if Yes is selected from above):

dwold_1-1719328967886.png

I tried using this search appearance function:

dwold_0-1719335933578.png

search('AAR_Admin_Form?url=https://services2.arcgis.com/1UvBaQ5y1ubjUPmd/ArcGIS/rest/services/service_fc12c53e63e444a594875def5...')

When I test this, Other Gaps text box still appears when selecting No.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I would just add a relevant instead of = Yes then it only shows the whole field when its yes.  Will work slicker.  It wont then make the call at all unless its yes.  More reliable.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Just a guess but I wonder of it does not like that the field is named the same in both places?  When I read this I see other_gaps in the pulldata call and its the name of the field which often makes 123 mad.

Try changing the name of the field you are pulling into and see if that helps.

dwold
by
Occasional Contributor III

@DougBrowning thanks for looking at this! I am using the search feature, but still having trouble getting the Other Gaps text box to only display when Yes is chosen in the Admin survey. When testing and selecting No, the Other Gaps text box still appears. Do you see anything in the search statement that is wrong?

0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I would just add a relevant instead of = Yes then it only shows the whole field when its yes.  Will work slicker.  It wont then make the call at all unless its yes.  More reliable.