Search() appearance load data

Jump to solution
08-19-2021 10:39 AM
HaroldHerrera1
Occasional Contributor

During the past UC2021 the search () appearance was presented.
I have done the example from the demo video and it works great because a public layer was used.
Example layer:

HaroldHerrera1_1-1629393968743.png

I have tried to implement it in my own survey with our layers, but it cannot "access" them. When copy and paste the URL of the private layer, it needs a token.

My layer:

HaroldHerrera1_0-1629393915674.png

Results:

HaroldHerrera1_4-1629394654650.pngHaroldHerrera1_3-1629394124561.png

Is it necessary to add a token so that survey can "read" the private layers themselves?
If the token is required, how can I create it, and how to add it to the URL?

Thanks a lot.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
HaroldHerrera1
Occasional Contributor

Hello BrettStokes.

I am the owner of the layer and the survey.
I noticed that the problem is about the XLSForm, in a restriction over the cell, ignoring the error it can read the feature service well.

HaroldHerrera1_0-1629472114417.png

HaroldHerrera1_1-1629472212102.png

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
BrettStokes
Esri Contributor

Hi @HaroldHerrera1 ,

No, it's not necessary to add a token to the URL you are using within your search() expression. You will need to be signed in (to Connect and/or the field app) with an account that has access to your feature service for this to work in your survey. Please confirm you're signed in and your account has access to the feature service.

Brett

0 Kudos
HaroldHerrera1
Occasional Contributor

Hello BrettStokes.

I am the owner of the layer and the survey.
I noticed that the problem is about the XLSForm, in a restriction over the cell, ignoring the error it can read the feature service well.

HaroldHerrera1_0-1629472114417.png

HaroldHerrera1_1-1629472212102.png

0 Kudos
KhaleelRamadeen
Esri Contributor

Hello Brett,

Is there any limitation if I'm using a secured feature service from another organization? I have credentials to access that service but I need to build my survey on my organization.

Another question, does search function work with any field type (integer, text, double) and not a unique value? I'm trying to work with integer field, but not unique value. No result in the options

0 Kudos
survey123_solutions
New Contributor III

Hi- great information, thanks for sharing.
Is it possible to provide the XLS to show the solution and syntax of the Search() appearance function to load data? 
Thanks so much!

0 Kudos