Sample ID based upon calculated date no longer working

04-20-2018 01:27 PM
LorettaWinton1
New Contributor III

Hello,

As the Survey123 team has previously suggested, I have been successfully using a sample ID based upon a calculated date and relevant field for a long time. However it is no longer working. When I select 'yes' the specimen label box that opens is empty. This is a major problem for us. Can you explain what is happening and provide a fix?

select_one yes_nospecimen_collectedSpecimen collected?horizontalno
textcalc_sample_idSpecimen labelWrite this fun number on the specimen bag${specimen_collected} = 'yes'concat(format-date(now(), '%y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S'),'_',property('username'),'_GS')

Thanks,

Lori

PS I also attached the XLSX 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
GarretDubois
New Contributor II

A fix for this problem would be very helpful

0 Kudos
LorettaWinton1
New Contributor III

Hello?? Anybody have a suggestion on how to fix this??

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Loretta,

The issue is that the calculation is in a question that has a relevant expression.  In 2.7, the behavior of relevant was changed to empty out the question to prevent submission (as non-relevant answers are not being asked).  One way to address this would be to have the default for question #36 be yes (especially if specimen collection is the normal part of the workflow); alternatively, clicking on the label question and then pressing the refresh icon that will appear next to it will generate the label. 

0 Kudos