S123 - Unable to add associated feature layer into web-map.

Jump to solution
07-18-2022 03:00 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

When publishing a S123 form (v. 3.15.165) onto my company AGOL the form publishes successfully. 

However, when attempting to add the associated feature layer into a web-map I am met with the following errors. 

On map viewer - feature layer adds a blank, no geometry, no table layer into the map. Error message 'There was an error'. 

On map viewer classic - same as above + the table indicates there are 2000 records (despite none being collected).

I have added test submissions to check form behaviour and can see entries on the S123 website.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ZacharySutherby
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello @Anonymous User, 

This is a known issue with the classic map viewer, please see this FAQ documentation for more information. What's happening is your feature service doesn't have query enabled on it so the classic map viewer is not able to query the features. In order for the features to draw in the classic map viewer you will need to modify the settings of the feature service to enable query. The easiest way to do this is to change the setting "What features can editors see?" to "Editors can see all features".

Thank you,
Zach

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ZacharySutherby
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello @Anonymous User, 

This is a known issue with the classic map viewer, please see this FAQ documentation for more information. What's happening is your feature service doesn't have query enabled on it so the classic map viewer is not able to query the features. In order for the features to draw in the classic map viewer you will need to modify the settings of the feature service to enable query. The easiest way to do this is to change the setting "What features can editors see?" to "Editors can see all features".

Thank you,
Zach
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks Zach! I was having the issue with the 'new' map viewer. I've published quite a few surveys and have never seen this before. Nonetheless your solution worked a trick. 

Thanks again,

Tom

0 Kudos