S123 Error occurred while generating report

Jump to solution
09-20-2021 11:55 AM
wilcow
by
Occasional Contributor

Generating a report (pdf and docx) gives me this error on the Data page for a survey we've been using for over a year: 

An error occurred when checking the report template. Failed to parse ${ds1_image1 | size:460:0} since size is not supported for the current field.

this report has a ton of photos and this isn't even the first image in the list so I'm confused - why would the 1st 3 image fields be OK, but not this one?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ZhifangWang
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @wilcow ,

Thanks for sharing the XLSForm and report template files, these help us locate the cause of the issue.

It turns out that in your XLSForm, there are several image questions (~21 rows) are set bind::esri:fieldType=esriFieldTypeString by mistake. This is caught by the syntax checking enhancement in the latest release last week.

After fixing all bind::esri:fieldType errors in the XLSForm and republish your survey, the report should be able to print as expected.

Please let us know if you still observe any issues after the change.

Thanks,

Zhifang

View solution in original post

7 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi @wilcow ,

The error message did not come through in the post - can you please re-share?  Just to confirm, the only use of "ds1_image1" is as an image question in the form?

Have you opened an Esri Support case to look into this?  Can you share the form and template designs?

wilcow
by
Occasional Contributor

here's the error again

wilcow_0-1632237651551.png

to confirm, yes, that's the only use of "ds1_image1" 

0 Kudos
wilcow
by
Occasional Contributor

attaching the template and form as well

0 Kudos
wilcow
by
Occasional Contributor

@JamesTedrick 

I have not created a support ticket - hoping it's something I can address internally

0 Kudos
ZhifangWang
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @wilcow ,

Thanks for sharing the XLSForm and report template files, these help us locate the cause of the issue.

It turns out that in your XLSForm, there are several image questions (~21 rows) are set bind::esri:fieldType=esriFieldTypeString by mistake. This is caught by the syntax checking enhancement in the latest release last week.

After fixing all bind::esri:fieldType errors in the XLSForm and republish your survey, the report should be able to print as expected.

Please let us know if you still observe any issues after the change.

Thanks,

Zhifang

wilcow
by
Occasional Contributor

thanks @ZhifangWang and @JamesTedrick for the assist - fixed the mapping for those image fields and republished and the report downloads error-free

0 Kudos
ScottEmmett
New Contributor

Hi I have a similar error being reported however do not have the same isuse as wilcow..

I have attached form and file any help appreciatted 

0 Kudos