Rules that Return to Top of Survey

06-26-2017 08:26 AM
DougHaller1
New Contributor III

How do I add a rule that allows the user to iterate through a series of questions for a location? My rules appear only to allow someone to skip past unrelated questions, not return to an earlier question.

For example, I would like individuals to answer a series of questions about a location and then answer the following:

Question 12: Please enter the location for your observation.

Question 13: (...add a point to the online map)

Question 14-23 (several questions about what was observed)

Question 24:  Would you like to add another observation for this location? Yes No

If yes, they need to return to question 14 (above)

If no, then go to the next question.

Question 25: Would you like to add observations for another location?

If yes return to question 12

If no, end survey

0 Kudos
2 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Doug,

It is not currently possible to skip past questions or return to earlier questions by moving the scroll bar automatically based on answers. You can however use the relevant expressions to hide or unhide questions based on previous answers.

Another way to achieve what you have conveyed especially for "Question 14-23 (several questions about what was observed)" would be to have these questions in a repeat (related table). If the questions about observations are the same for each location and you would like several observations captured against one location without repeating the same questions several times throughout the survey, then the use of a repeat may be suitable.

Regards,

Phil.

0 Kudos
DougHaller1
New Contributor III

Thanks Phil.

I will try your suggestions.