Select to view content in your preferred language

Reverse Geocode Addresses; How to allow users to select correct address?

Friday
Caitlin_Todd_LCOR
Occasional Contributor

Hello, 

I'm hoping this is possible in Survey123 Connect. I received a request to build a survey for permit applications. One of the criteria is to reverse geocode the address and parcel information from a geopoint question. A locator was created that attaches the parcel information to the addresses. Then a pulldata function was added to the calculation column of the Address and Parcel Info questions.

The issue I'm seeing is when there's multiple address points within a parcel. The pulldata function returns the information for the closest address point. 

My question is, when there's multiple addresses within a parcel, is there a way to provide users the option to select which address is the correct one?

Thank you!

Caitlin 

Lane County GIS

0 Kudos
4 Replies
ToddW_stl
Esri Contributor

hi @Caitlin_Todd_LCOR , can you share your form, locator service, and/or an example of the multiple addresses?

0 Kudos
Caitlin_Todd_LCOR
Occasional Contributor

Hi @ToddW_stl  I've attached a copy of my survey form and I've also attached a screenshot of an example of many addresses to a single parcel.  "87899 GREEN HILL RD, Eugene, Oregon" & "87901 GREEN HILL RD, Eugene, Oregon".

The locator being used is here https://lcgisorg.maps.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=e2d568005591463a989e83c17186f1c2 

I'm hopeful there is a way to configure either the locator or the form to allow users to select which is the correct address. Currently it's the key requirement that will determine if Survey123 is chosen or a different 3rd party software like Cognito.

Thank you for your time,

Caitlin

Lane County GIS

0 Kudos
ToddW_stl
Esri Contributor

thank you for those.  a couple follow-ups:

• is this a public survey?
  • ArcGIS Online or ArcGIS Enterprise?
  • (if possible) have you tried the pulldata @json to see if you can somehow check if there are multiple address points, then somehow list them for the user?  i'm not sure if those could then be dynamically available for something like a select_one question (probably not)?

Is it possible to reconfigure the workflow like this?

1. user types and selects address
  2. selected address is populated in address field
  3. geopoint pulls parcel info into parcel field

references:

0 Kudos
Caitlin_Todd_LCOR
Occasional Contributor

It's not a public survey yet since its still in development internally. It will be hosted in ArcGIS Online. 

I haven't tried a pulldata@json yet since the hope is to have it pull everything from the custom locator, but I'm not sure how to go about listing the options for the user. That's what I'm wondering. Is it possible to provide a list of choices to the user when there's multiple addresses?

It's unfortunate but the workflow is intended to have the user place a marker on a map (geopoint question) and have it reverse geocode the address and parcel information on their behalf. 

Thanks for your time and effort on this post, 

Caitlin

0 Kudos