Retrieve Deleted Feature Service uploaded from Survey123

04-18-2018 11:22 PM
AnuSawant
Occasional Contributor II

Hi there,

I have survey information collected in the Survey123 app sent folder in the device (Apple ipad) days ago. I am trying to resent the information in Survey123 but feature service has been deleted so it is showing me URL error.

Is there anyway I can upload the data back in Survey 123 or retrieve the feature service?  

Thanks,

Anu

0 Kudos
4 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Anu,

If the feature service has been deleted, the best alternative would be to extract teh data from the device - see Troubleshoot—Survey123 for ArcGIS | ArcGIS .  Once copied to a desktop computer, GitHub - tedrick/ReadS123DB: Convert the survey data stored in the Survey123 Field App into a set of...  can be used to try to export the data to csv.

0 Kudos
AnuSawant
Occasional Contributor II

Hi James,

Thanks for your reply. I have extracted the information and I have also restore the folder which contain all the survey information (.info, json,excel file etc.),so basically I have found item Id and feature service url of the same old Survey feature service. I am wondering

1) is there any way I can upload the survey and create a same feature service (which will be having same item id and same feature service url which our device is checking to load the data). or

2)I can make a copy of the same survey so the feature service will get created in cloud and then is there any way I can change itemId and url of this new feature service and make it similar to the old Feature Service which our device is trying to find to sent the information to.

I actually need to generate report from Survey123 website, that is the reason I am asking for help to restore it back in the cloud. 

Thanks,

Anu

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Anu,

You can take the XLS file and generate a new survey.  The existing data could be appended (if extracted to a CSV), or you could manually update the sqlite DB entries to work on the new survey (a slight extension of the editing operation mentioned in the Troubleshooting page).

0 Kudos
Jacob_Helfman
New Contributor III

@JamesTedrick Is there a way to recover the photos from a deleted feature service? 

0 Kudos