Restricting user entry values between multiple entry questions

09-29-2017 03:48 PM
MelissaBlue1
New Contributor

I am looking to create a survey where I would like the user to be able to "spend" $10 in $1 increments on multiple options. In other words you have $10 to spend, how would you spend them towards obtaining the following:

1) Provide access to current open space (choice $0 to $10)

2) Create "pocket" or neighborhood parks within the city (choice $0 to $10)

3) Obtain new parcels to be dedicated as open space (choice $0 to $10)

The user can spend all $10 on one question or $4 on question 1) and $6 on question 3). I would like the form to keep track of what he/she has spent as they go through the choices and not allow them to use more than the allotted $10. It would be best if they had the ability to change their answers until they have the desired entries.

Is this possible to do and could you steer me on how I could accomplish this?

Many thanks.

Kevin Sato
Cottonwood Heights GIS

Cottonwood Heights, Utah

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi.  A simple approach could be to simply show a visual warning to the user when the sum of the three questions is more than 10. This can be done using a note type of question and an expression in the relevant column.  You could also use a constraint to prevent that the form is submitted in case that the spending is overall greater than 10. The following screenshot illustrates how you could go about this.  Note I also use the spinner appearance, which I think will work very well here to facilitate incrementing and decrementing spending easily.

I am attaching the XLSFile below so you can import it into Connect.

0 Kudos