Repulishing a Survey123 Form Resulting in Multiple Hosted Layers

11-02-2018 01:34 PM
AdamInglis1
Occasional Contributor

I've noticed a weird issue when republishing forms that prompt you that it would erase existing data.  It looks like instead of overwriting the existing hosted feature layer, multiple host feature layers will be created for the survey, depending on how many times I overwrite the form data:

Multiple Feature Services for S123 FormMy problem arises when viewers of the form login into the Survey123 site, they are getting the data from the old version of the form data, while I, as the form owner, see the new data in the Survey123 web interface.  Is there a way to redirect their view of the data to the latest version of the feature service without providing them with my login credentials?

I have tried unsharing the old version of the FS which didn't solve the issue.  I have also tried manually delete the old version of the FS in ArcPro and AGOL.  I was able to delete some versions of the hosted FS, but not the original version which is what is visible to the viewers not using my AGOL credentials.

I know if I publish a new version of the form this issue is resolved, but I was hoping for a less disruptive solution.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Adam 

Duplicate layers usually result from permissions - i.e on republishing, Survey123 is unable to delete the original service and a duplicate is created. It sounds like the issue could be related to the stakeholder view that is pointing to the old service. This is what the other users will be seeing when they login to the website.

My suggestion is to go into ArcGIS online and delete the Tidewaterv1_stakeholder view and rename the old Tidewaterv1 layer to avoid confusion. Next, go to the Survey123 website and reshare the survey (collaberate=>viewer). This will re-create the stakeholder view and should mean the other users will start seeing the new service.

Thanks

John

0 Kudos