Report Temaple experession to return select_one name instead of label?

Jump to solution
07-12-2018 04:15 PM
AdamInglis1
Occasional Contributor

I want to pull the name value from my select_one list into the Report Template instead of the label:

The label looks great in the Survey123 app:

But I need the actual DB value (i.e. '9') in the Report Template instead of the verbose label ('<b>9</b> - Very Good, New Condition')

Alternatively is there an expression that will pull a specific character into the Word Doc report instead of the full label?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ZhifangWang
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Adam,

Yes, you can use ${fieldname1 | getValue:""} to get the raw value of an underlying field. For a string field with coded value domain, it will return the code, for a date field, it will return the Unix time.

For example, ${expertise} returns "None. I have never used it." (the name of the coded value domain) while ${expertise | getValue:""} returns "none" (the code of the coded value domain).

View solution in original post

4 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Zhifang Wang‌ Can you please look into this and update user if it is currently possible? Otherwise can we create as possible enhancement request to use a parameter?

0 Kudos
ZhifangWang
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Adam,

Yes, you can use ${fieldname1 | getValue:""} to get the raw value of an underlying field. For a string field with coded value domain, it will return the code, for a date field, it will return the Unix time.

For example, ${expertise} returns "None. I have never used it." (the name of the coded value domain) while ${expertise | getValue:""} returns "none" (the code of the coded value domain).

AdamInglis1
Occasional Contributor

Worked like a charm, thanks.  Where is the best place to find a listing of these functions?

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Adam,

You can find the supported expressions in the Survey123 Online Documentation: Print survey results—Survey123 for ArcGIS | ArcGIS 

Phil.

0 Kudos