Report limited to 1000 records?

11-01-2021 11:41 AM
_____
by

We had a non-ESRI employee create a Survey123 survey that was used to gather customer feedback. The survey is complete and she wanted to generate a simple report.

The report is saying that it's limited to 1,000 records. That's a joke, right?

Why is this so hard? Why can she not just generate a report of the results?

This should be SIMPLE.

Basically, all she wanted was a nice printable version of the charts/data under the Analyze tab, but if you use the "Print Current View" button, then it cuts everything off at the page breaks, and looks terrible. It's not exactly something you'd want to give to your board of directors.

So, what's she doing? She's turning off all of the questions, and then one by one turning them on and printing the page to PDF.

Thanks ESRI!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Hosted feature services limit to 1,000 by default.  Normally on publish you can set this but not sure how in 123.

You can change it using this https://support.esri.com/en/technical-article/000012383

DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor
0 Kudos
_____
by

That's the problem though. No one knows and you need to be a super duper extreme power user just to generate a report, which is crazy since it's a survey app -- of course people are going to want to generate reports from the data. Even with the custom templating I don't see how to easily include charts/graphs. Like come on, have some nice looking reports by default. And limiting a report to 1,000 records in this day and age is just ridiculous -- like that's embarrassing.

Why make it so you need a PHD and development experience? I thought that's what ESRI was for -- easy solutions for the end user -- but let me tell you, this is NOT easy. We'll just stick with SurveyMonkey or Microsoft products for these needs because, fortunately, they do make it easy.

0 Kudos