Select to view content in your preferred language

Report generation issues - Portal 11.2

3 weeks ago
ShelbyZelonisRoberson
Occasional Contributor III

I'm using Enterprise 11.2 and have a survey that I created in Connect 3.19 but re-published in 3.20, and now I am having issues generating reports. I don't have this problem with other surveys.

When I go to generate a report, I get the error 

An error occurred when assembling data. Error message: An error occurred when querying data from the feature layer. HTTP 403: Forbidden The expression leads to this error:${# FirstRelatedTableName}

I can't generate any reports, even if I use the sample Esri template. Did something change in 3.20? This wasn't an issue a week ago.

Thanks!

@JamesTedrick @ZacharySutherby 

0 Kudos
7 Replies
abureaux
MVP Regular Contributor

I updated to Enterprise 11.3 over the weekend. I am experiencing no issues with generating reports. I also haven't seen that particular error before.

Did you re-name or move any of the S123 auto-generated files?

Can you create a new survey in Connect, publish it, and generate a report normally?

Also, did this error only start recently, or has this been going on for a while?

0 Kudos
ShelbyZelonisRoberson

This error just started with this particular feature service around 1-2 weeks ago, I think maybe around when 3.20 Connect was released. 

This is a new survey - it happened with my original one so I completely re-created it and republished and am still having the report generation problem. 

0 Kudos
abureaux
MVP Regular Contributor

Okay, that  some good info. They changed some server-side software around that same time which changed how network traffic is parsed.

I would recommend going to the S123 Beta site and trying to generate a report there. The last time I was there, it was parsing data differently (different servers) and returned not only different errors, but more detailed errors that allowed me to isolate and resolve a similar mystery issue that started around that time.

Here is URL format (be sure to open this in a new Private tab -- using the Beta site in the same browser as the regular site can cause interference): https://survey123beta.arcgis.com/surveys?portalUrl=YOURPORTAL

Just log in like normal, and run a report. Report back with the error message.

0 Kudos
ShelbyZelonisRoberson

Thank you! Same error on the beta site: 

An error occurred when assembling data. Error message: An error occurred when querying data from the feature layer. HTTP 403: Forbidden The expression leads to this error: ${# <first related table name>}
0 Kudos
abureaux
MVP Regular Contributor

That's good to know. At least what we see is what we get in this case.

Any chance you can attach your XLSX? Would be nice to rule out anything strange there as well.

0 Kudos
ShelbyZelonisRoberson

Would you mind if I email it to you instead of post here?

0 Kudos
abureaux
MVP Regular Contributor

Not at all. You can send files via this site's Private Message function.