Select to view content in your preferred language

Repeats in Feature Report as two columns

Jump to solution
03-22-2023 08:58 AM
abureaux
MVP Frequent Contributor

Wondering if someone has an easier way to get a repeat to appear as two columns in a Feature Report. Specifically, an image question inside a repeat. Using images with the multiline appearance doesn't work for me as there is a bunch of other data accompanying the images. 

Essentially, I want images to appear like this (a single table with unlimited length):

abureaux_1-1679496814365.png

With a convoluted calculate, I can get this (two tables nested inside a larger table, and the repeat is limited by IF statements). This one actually looks really good, but has two limitations: 1) Silly IF statement, and 2) Empty table rows that need to be manually deleted.

abureaux_4-1679500580862.png

If you are curious, the calculate below is essentially what I am doing to create the second table. In the Feature Report, the left table only populates with "odd" items, and the right only populates with "even" items.

abureaux_3-1679500014881.png

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
abureaux
MVP Frequent Contributor

I deleted my original example. But in doing so, I figured out the (painfully simple) math when I had to recently recreate it. So, now this works with any number of repeat items.

Here is what I have in S123 (Attached):

abureaux_0-1685119832973.png

The result of the math is either 0 or 0.5. To make things easy in the Feature Report, I converted those to either 'A' or 'B'. You can obviously change the three "text" rows to "calculate" instead. I just made them "text" to show what was going on.

This is my Feature Report (Attached. There are hidden tables that make this annoying):

abureaux_1-1685123266694.png

This is the output:

abureaux_2-1685123375689.png

Limitations:

1. Different sized photos can make things fall out of alignment

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Katie_Clark
MVP Regular Contributor

Clever workaround, thanks for sharing! I am curious what your report template looks like....are the cells that are showing up as empty hard-coded into the template? 

Best,
Katie

“The goal is not simply to ‘work hard, play hard.’ The goal is to make our work and our play indistinguishable.”
- Simon Sinek
0 Kudos
abureaux
MVP Frequent Contributor

I deleted my original example. But in doing so, I figured out the (painfully simple) math when I had to recently recreate it. So, now this works with any number of repeat items.

Here is what I have in S123 (Attached):

abureaux_0-1685119832973.png

The result of the math is either 0 or 0.5. To make things easy in the Feature Report, I converted those to either 'A' or 'B'. You can obviously change the three "text" rows to "calculate" instead. I just made them "text" to show what was going on.

This is my Feature Report (Attached. There are hidden tables that make this annoying):

abureaux_1-1685123266694.png

This is the output:

abureaux_2-1685123375689.png

Limitations:

1. Different sized photos can make things fall out of alignment
0 Kudos