Select to view content in your preferred language

Repeats and Time Stamp Overwriting

Jump to solution
03-01-2024 06:37 AM
DerekLittle
New Contributor II

Since the latest update (Feb 2024) I am encountering a repeat time stamp issue. 

My survey contains a repeat and the repeat items have individual dateTimes. When cycling through the entries or adding a new entry the dateTime is overwritten to the current time. Only happens after the minute changes.

This was not an issue until the most recent Survey123 update for iPads.

@ZacharySutherby 

@IsmaelChivite 

0 Kudos
13 Replies
AlexFazzino
New Contributor

I was having this same issue. I changed calculation mode to manual, but it I keep getting the same issue. It works correctly until I publish and test it out in the app.

TravisDrury
New Contributor

Any idea why this would work when the calculation column is blank? Is this just a workaround for what seems to be a bug?

0 Kudos
LizMoore_fws
New Contributor

I am having a similar issue with the time question in a repeat. If a user edits the time in one repeat, all other time values are overwritten with one of the edited time values.  I do not have any calculations in the repeated table, and the once(now()) and calculationMode=whenEmpty workarounds are not working for me.  The issue is with the question on line 32 of the attached xlsx. Help?

DanLissick
New Contributor III

I called Esri support and they logged the following:

BUG-000168045: Date/time fields in nested repeats in the Survey 123 desktop and mobile apps are overridden with the latest time entry of the from within any repeat when toggling between nested repeat records.