Repeat questions in 'Inbox' not showing

10-27-2017 07:57 AM
DanielKonzek
Occasional Contributor

I enabled 'Inbox' for a survey with repeat questions.  I added the field 'bind::esri:parameters' to my survey and set the value to allowUpdates=true query=’1=1’ in this column for my "begin repeat".  I am able to view and edit my repeat questions from my "Sent box", but they do not show up  when I access a survey from my 'Inbox'.  Any suggestions?

Thank you,

Dan

70 Replies
MattLayman3
New Contributor

Thanks Brandon, yes, I too am noticing the behavior described in the forum thread that you shared above. Do you know when the version that fixes this will be officially released? It's not mission critical for us so we'll just wait it's released. Thanks.

0 Kudos
BrandonArmstrong
Esri Regular Contributor

The next update to Survey123 should occur by the end of next week.  Please do feel free to try out the Beta version to ensure that the behavior is resolved, if you have the time!

Best,

Brandon

0 Kudos
MattLayman3
New Contributor

Hi Brandon, just downloaded the latest version (3.0.149) and tested it out. Data captured in the repeat is still not showing up in the form when opened from the "Sent" folder in the app. The data still makes it to the feature service however. I can't really do the work-around described in the discussion thread you originally sent (remove relevant expressions within the repeat calling answers to questions outside the repeat), since the repeat itself is conditionally based on a question outside the repeat. Any other work-arounds that you know of?

0 Kudos
DeonLengton
Esri Contributor

Hi Guys

We built a brand new survey with a repeat within another repeat. Nothing fancy:

After capturing the data and re-opening the survey from the Outbox the first record in the innermost repeat is always blank (using the early adopter version 3.3.26). The rest of the records are fine.

Any idea when this is getting fixed? We have a client that wont use Survey123 unless we can solve this issue...

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Deon,

This is a known issue with nested repeats with 3.2 and 3.3 release. Do the questions in the nested repeat have a relevant or calculation that point to a question outside the nested repeat. If so this is the known bug and we are aiming to fix it in the next release 3.4. Will keep you updated once we have a fix for it on the EAC with the 3.4 beta releases. I have added your comments to the issue for tracking and testing.

Phil.

0 Kudos
AndrewRyan3
New Contributor III

My survey has calculations that use inputs from outside the repeat. I have several calculations that populate values based on some basic survey information (site name, date, personnel) that are recorded at the beginning of the survey.  I used these values for populating pop-ups in a Web App so that I could display basic survey infor without having to retrieve it from the related feature service.

When I first put this project together I think that pop-ups from related tables were not supported, and that's why I added these fields. I probably dont even need these anymore, so I am going to test a copy of the survey without the calcs and see if that solves it.

Thanks for the help!

erica_poisson
Occasional Contributor III

Phil,

Will nested repeats in a survey, when using the most updated versions of Connect and the field app prevent the survey from submitting? None of the questions in the nested repeat have relevant or calculations outside the repeat, but there are photo attachments.

Thanks,

Erica

Erica
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Erica,

Yes, nested repeats are working are fine for new collect surveys and submitting surveys, there should be no issues or errors. The only outstanding bug we are aware of at present is that if you have a relevant or calculation inside the nested repeat that references a question outside the repeat, if you save to drafts or open from Inbox or Sent, the previously collected data may be missing from some questions.

Do you get an error message when you try to submit?

Phil.

0 Kudos
EricaTefft
New Contributor II

Hi Phil,

There are no questions with relevant or calculations that references questions outside of the repeat. We'd built this survey and published it on 2/1, tested the workflow and it worked perfectly. This week, I had some of the end users testing and each time they try submitting their survey it gets hung up on the submitting dialog with the name of the table for the nested repeat. I'm also able to replicate this, but I'm not sure what is causing it since I haven't made any changes to the survey since testing on 2/1. 

I'm not seeing an error message of any type, it just spins indefinitely when trying to submit.

Thanks,

Erica 

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Have you tried re-downloading the survey on the device and then submitting again? Did anything change on the feature service or survey sharing permissions either changes made via Survey123 website or AGO permissions?

Are you able to send from some devices with the same survey, or do all devices get same error? Do other surveys from the same device send ok? Can you send the log files for the device with issues from the time when it hangs?

Phil.

0 Kudos