Repeat 1 of 2 - Required constraint not firing when only the first record has been captured

09-23-2019 04:13 AM
DeonLengton
Esri Contributor

We have a questionnaire that asks how many establishments are on a stand. (As above)

This feeds into a repeat for the number of establishments with the repeat_count limited to the specified number.

The first field in the repeat (Do you confirm response...) is a mandatory field requesting if a response was confirmed for this specific establishment.

In the example above the field worker identified two establishments. If the user captures the first establishment without moving to the second establishment (2 of 2) it is possible to save the record without the second record being captured - the required field constraint does not fire.

This seems to be a bug?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Deon,

I'm not seeing the behavior you're describing with a form based on the problem you present (see attached); the required second repeat question blocks submission.  Can you confirm that you see the same behavior?

0 Kudos
DeonLengton
Esri Contributor

I did a very simple test and Survey123 worked as expected... Let me try to troubleshoot what is causing the issue in my bigger survey - it could be because of some relevant expression...

0 Kudos