Renaming Survey123 templates

Jump to solution
06-02-2018 07:16 AM
warrenroberts1
New Contributor II

Where can we rename a Survey123 template? I download the RoadKill template for Survey123 and changed the items but I cannot find where to change the name of the template "RoadKill Report"?

Thanks!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ChrisRoberts2
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Warren

Open the XLSForm spreadsheet, go to the settings table and under the form_title column rename to your required form title.

Cheers

Chris

View solution in original post

4 Replies
ChrisRoberts2

Hi Warren

Open the XLSForm spreadsheet, go to the settings table and under the form_title column rename to your required form title.

Cheers

Chris

JoeFlannery

Chris Roberts‌ Might you consider writing a Blog Post in GeoNet explaining the differences in the naming of survey forms and published surveys in Survey123?  I find it very confusing. 

Here's what I think I know:

• Changing the "form_title" value in the "Settings" tab of the XLS form changes the name seen in Survey123 Connect "Form Preview" window.
  • Changing the "Title" under the "Settings" button in Survey123 Connect changes the name seen in the "My Survey Designs" window of Survey123 Connect.
  • Change the name of the folder in "C:\Users\<name>\ArcGIS\My Survey Designs" to change the name of the published survey in AGOL.

Thank you,

Joe

DakeHenderson
New Contributor III

Thanks Joe- very helpful.  I'd like to see a blog post too.  If you download a template and want to rename it, apparently you have to make all the changes Joe suggests above, and you still end up with all the files in the C:\Users\<name>\ArcGIS\My Survey Designs folder having the template's name.  

Dake

DavidHines
New Contributor II

You also have to change name of the following files:

*.gpkg

*.info

*.itemInfo

*.xlsx

*.xml

Edit forminfo.json in a text editor and change the "name" tag

0 Kudos