Renaming survey from ArcGIS Online

Jump to solution
08-27-2020 05:27 PM
Soper_Chuck
New Contributor III

I renamed the title of my survey in ArcGIS Online. This worked fine and even allowed me to download an updated survey from the field app. This was a name (title) change only and without republishing the survey.

The next time I published the survey from Survey123 Connect, the title reverted to the old title. I realized that I must rename the title from Survey123 Connect then re-publish. This works fine and the survey is now renamed in ArcGIS Online.

I think this might be a bug but, I'm not sure.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Philip-Wilson
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi Chuck,

This is expected, you need to re-download the survey in Connect after you change the title, if you want to see the updated title in Connect. When you change it only via the Online item, the item that is downloaded in Connect still had the old title. So when you re-published the item without updating it, it simply changes it back based on what the title is in the local copy.

Regards,

Phil.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Philip-Wilson
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi Chuck,

This is expected, you need to re-download the survey in Connect after you change the title, if you want to see the updated title in Connect. When you change it only via the Online item, the item that is downloaded in Connect still had the old title. So when you re-published the item without updating it, it simply changes it back based on what the title is in the local copy.

Regards,

Phil.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Soper_Chuck
New Contributor III

Hi Phil,

Thank you for explaining this. I get it now.

Chuck