Remove choices across surveys

Jump to solution
02-02-2022 04:23 PM
Artur_Ribeiro
New Contributor II

Hi

I am creating a survey, where I want to question 4 people to choose a place, but only one from a list. I use single choice and create 4 different options (area 1, area2, area3, area4). The idea is that after person number 1 answers, that place will no longer be available. If person 1 choose area 2, area 2 will not be available for the next person (next survey). The next person that will answer the survey will have only available area 1, area 3 and area 4.

Is this already been implemented? 

Thanks in advanced 
Artur

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Artur_Ribeiro,

No, linked content does not work this way. The linked CSV file only gets updated when you first open the survey via the info page in the field app. Once the survey is open it does not continually get updated. Therefore the next time it is updated is after submission and a new survey is collected/edited.

Regards,

Phil.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Artur_Ribeiro,

Are you referring to the mobile field app, or the browser based web app?

Will all the users be answering questions on the same device with same survey downloaded, one after the other, or will they be using different devices at different times?

Will they be online 100% or offline sometimes?

There are a few options you can use, such as a custom JS function, linked content CSV choice lists, or the search() appearance. Basically you need to query the feature layer or a list that has been updated and hosted, to see what values have already been used.

Regards,

Phil.

0 Kudos
Artur_Ribeiro
New Contributor II

Hi @Anonymous User 

It will be just a browser based app. I will share a link and the users will use different devices at different times.

Your basic implementation seems just what I am looking for. Can you guide me in how to achieve? Are there some exempels already implemented?

Regards, 

Artur

0 Kudos
Artur_Ribeiro
New Contributor II

Hei @Anonymous User 

I will ned some time to read all over. But I wonder if that linked CSV is possible to update every time a user make a choice in the survey. I mean if one user choose area 1, the CSV can be updated and it will only be available for the next user area 2, area 3 and area 4. Is that the process og the CSV is the immutable database for the search?

Artur 

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Artur_Ribeiro,

No, linked content does not work this way. The linked CSV file only gets updated when you first open the survey via the info page in the field app. Once the survey is open it does not continually get updated. Therefore the next time it is updated is after submission and a new survey is collected/edited.

Regards,

Phil.

Artur_Ribeiro
New Contributor II

Great! Thats what I need 🙂
I will take a closer look on the links you sende me @Anonymous User. I necessary I will create another post!

Thank you for your time.

Regards, 

Artur