Removal of Survey from mobile devices after survey is closed?

Jump to solution
10-20-2021 10:56 AM
JosephSchmunkSF
New Contributor

Hello! Is there a way that a survey can be automatically removed from a mobile device after the survey as been closed? I've ran into issues where our organization will publish a new survey (example, 2020 Inspections to a 2021 Inspections), and the older survey, while being closed will still open/ work as normal, until the user tries to send the survey in, stating the survey is closed or user no longer has access. I know that the surveys can be manually deleted, but this method would be easier for larger groups and different managers to reduce re-entering or redoing surveys again, in another form. 

Thanks for all advice or help!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @JosephSchmunkSF,

This is not currently possible, there is no automated way to remove surveys from a device. As different users may share a device, there are cases where one user may no longer have access, but another may still have access, depending on who is signed in.

We would need to support per-user surveys, where a survey is downloaded and tracked for a signed in user, not one shared survey for all users. This would enable options to remove/delete the survey if the signed in user no longer has access to it.

Manually deleting the survey via the "Delete survey" menu option in top right corner on the survey info page, or by removing the survey folder from the 'My Surveys" older on the device, is the only current way to remove it.

Regards,

Phil.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @JosephSchmunkSF,

This is not currently possible, there is no automated way to remove surveys from a device. As different users may share a device, there are cases where one user may no longer have access, but another may still have access, depending on who is signed in.

We would need to support per-user surveys, where a survey is downloaded and tracked for a signed in user, not one shared survey for all users. This would enable options to remove/delete the survey if the signed in user no longer has access to it.

Manually deleting the survey via the "Delete survey" menu option in top right corner on the survey info page, or by removing the survey folder from the 'My Surveys" older on the device, is the only current way to remove it.

Regards,

Phil.