Select to view content in your preferred language

Relevant Question Prompt on Count Intervals

11-16-2023 07:52 AM
LacyRucker
New Contributor

Hello everyone, 

I'm having a small issue with a recent survey123 form I developed for timber cruising. We take additional data on a subset of trees that we measure, and I tried to create an automatic prompt when we get to the tree that needs the additional information (i.e., when we get to the 20th or 40th or 60th tree, the relevant statement kicks in and additional questions pop up for the needed information). I was able to include a count to trigger the questions for the 20th tree, but so far I can't figure out how to make it work on an interval without adding additional rows. I'm relatively new to the XLS form, so I hope someone here has dealt with this before. Here's how I have the form set up now:

Capture.PNG

While this works in theory, our foresters quickly maxed out the count and we missed some of the additional data that we needed to collect. It also makes the final CSV of the data a little confusing and clunky. 

Does anyone have any advice?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
abureaux
MVP Frequent Contributor

You cant really do this programmatically within the XLSX. You will need to hard-code it in. But, you can use multiple relevant statements for a single field.

E.g., assuming you want rows 14 and 15 (in your example above) to show ever 20 trees, then change your relevant statement to be something like:
${dbh_class3count}=20 or ${dbh_class3count}=40 or ${dbh_class3count}=60 or ${dbh_class3count}=80 or ${dbh_class3count}=100

0 Kudos