relevant based on returned choice filter

08-04-2021 08:42 AM
SHorman_
New Contributor II

I have a question that I only want to appear relevant if there are choices to be made.  Currently I am using a regex on the choice filter - would there be a way to see if the returned matches is >0?  Or perhaps another method?

SHorman__0-1628091656776.png

0 Kudos
2 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @SHorman_ ,

Currently it is not possible to interact or query the 'matches" value that is provided at the bottom of the dropdown, this is for display/information purposes only. There may be another way to do it using a JS function or the search() parameter (currently in beta but due for release in 3.13) if you are always online and can search the source of the lookup table (choice list).

Are you able to share the XLSForm (xlsx file and media files in use) so we can take a closer look?

Regards,

Phil.

0 Kudos
SHorman_
New Contributor II

I cannot share the actual form but here is a condensed copy made with some adjustments - you'll see that the option to select a cause exists for A2 but none for the associated cause.  So ultimately I'd like to have associated cause be relevant based off selectable answers.

No media included on this file but I do have a couple of pull data csv with the original.

0 Kudos