Reinstalling survey 123 connect, will I lose existing surveys?

06-30-2020 11:06 AM
WilliamOstrander
New Contributor

We took down our ArcGIS Enterprise setup and put up a new one.  Survey123 Connect wants a login to the old one and won't allow changing the portal to either the new one or to ArcGIS Online.  If I reinstall Survey123, will I lose existing surveys?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

You will not lose your surveys after reinstalling.

0 Kudos
WilliamOstrander
New Contributor

Thanks, Ismael.  I'll give it a shot.

0 Kudos
Ann-SophieSølund
New Contributor II

Hi @IsmaelChivite, I have a question in connection to the above. So if I want to update my Survey123 Connect (from 3.15.xxx to minimum 3.16.xxx due to missing functionality in 3.15) I can uninstall Connect and reinstall (to the newest version), and my survey's will remain. Will all data in the portal as well remain?  As far as I know Survey123 Connect does not storage any data (data is stored on the portal, but since it is cruicial that I don't loose data I would rather ask.
Best,
Ann-Sophie

0 Kudos
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi. As of July 18, 2023, the latest release available is 3.18. I suggest you install that instead of 3.16. You will NOT lose any surveys while uninstalling. Even if you have not published your survey designs, your work will NOT be lost. 

If at all possible, I would install Connect from the Microsoft Store. However, I am also including below the direct link to the Windows installer.

Note. Once you have 3.18 installed, you will no longer need to uninstall Connect before you can update it.  

0 Kudos