Refresh calculation or update from results of differrent question

12-12-2018 06:14 PM
BonnieWeller1
New Contributor III

I have a field ${TestVar4} that I use to trigger a required_message if a certain condition is not met. The user then has to go back and make these changes before the survey is successfully submitted. The problem is that I do not know how to refresh this condition once the changes have been made. I I really do not want to use the relevant option as I want it always visible. Is there a way to refresh the calculation?

I thought that maybe I could put a calculation to reset the values in ${TestVar4} in the question that has to be entered but I am not seeing how this is done. For example, they have to go back and select Yes (perhaps multiple times for multiple records) in a repeat section named ${Continue}. It would be nice if I could somehow refresh ${TestVar4} in the ${Continue} calculation column. I was thinking something like:

if(${CompleteCountCal} =0, ${TestVar4} = 'Yes2',${TestVar4}=''). Is this possible?

BTW, ${Continue} and ${TestVar4} are in separate groups. Using ver. 3.1.126 Connect

0 Kudos
1 Reply
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Bonnie,

The field app can have an expression for the required column directly, without the need for an extra field.  The webform does not yet support that.  The if statement you are using will provide an empty text (''), which may meet required condition.  A solution that may work is to instead have a constraint.  

0 Kudos