Referencing a separate feature service in Survey123?

Jump to solution
06-02-2018 08:33 AM
deleted-user-h0ggridqbMKm
New Contributor II

Hi,

I am creating a survey to assist with environmental regulatory compliance for my client. I would like for survey users to be able to select their location and have the Hydrologic Unit Code (HUC) associated with that area autofill. For example, for the yellow point in the area shown below I want to have 020801060401 automatically fill in a separate field. 

I know that I can reference the X,Y points from the Geopoint type using the pulldata() function (using pulldata("@geopoint", ${location}, "x"). Is it possible to then intersect that point with another feature service and put the HUC value into my survey?

Thanks in advance.

Tags (1)
14 Replies
TylerDunn2
Occasional Contributor

Hey John

What the best way to get all that info over to you?

0 Kudos
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi - You can email it to jhasthorpe@esri.com or attach it to this post

0 Kudos
TylerDunn2
Occasional Contributor

Just sent over a zip file. 

Thanks

CristianGraf
New Contributor II

Hello there,

I konw, but almost 2 years after the last comment I wish to get that JS to referencing a separate feature service in Survey123. At this moment we are using a JS who's extracting the data from another hosted service and it's working (almost) like a charm. Now our client needs to go offline and guess what… the JS can go that way.

So I tried to get more infos on the link posted by @Johnathan Hasthorpe  but there again it's going to the general Update to Survey123 Beta Website and can't find the original post.

Can you guys tell me if this JS still out there? Any link to found it?  

Thanks for any help!

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Cristian,

The custom JavaScript functionality was released in 3.10.  You can see examples of this (including a lookup based on location) by using the 'JavaScript' sample available in the Samples section when creating a new form in Survey123 Connect.

0 Kudos