Recovery of deleted survey data

Jump to solution
12-13-2018 09:18 PM
Dionisiobattad
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

One of our users collected some data using our survey123 app. He was trying to submit the data to our portal but he was having some difficulty.His survey data was stuck in the Outbox. Unfortunately, he accidentally deleted the survey from his tablet. There were about 30+ data he collected.

1. Can we recover his data from his tablet?

2. What is the procedure for iPads?

Thank you very much for any help.

Dionisio

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Dionisio,

After connecting your device to iTunes, do you see the icon that represents the device?

Click on that and you should see file sharing in the menu on the left.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
megan_r
Esri Contributor

Hello Dionisio,

Have you been able to try the recover data from mobile device workflow found at the link below? Trying this workflow would be a good first step- let me know the results or if you have any additional questions about carrying out the workflow!

Troubleshoot—Survey123 for ArcGIS | ArcGIS 

0 Kudos
Dionisiobattad
Occasional Contributor

Hi Megan,

I tried following the instructions. I downloaded iTunes for windows and installed it in my laptop. Then logged on to iTunes in my laptop and also to iTunes in my iPad.

The instructions require me to copy the .sqlite file in the iPad . However, I can not see File Sharing in iTunes in my tablet, only Home Sharing. Do I need to download and install a file sharing app in my iPad?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Dionisio,

After connecting your device to iTunes, do you see the icon that represents the device?

Click on that and you should see file sharing in the menu on the left.

Dionisiobattad
Occasional Contributor

Thank you all for the help.

0 Kudos